Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can a hot/warm shower NOT bath help start labor!?

I have some pains right now. If i take a warm shower will that help at all o no?


im 39 weeks pregnant


I was 1cm dilated 50%eff on MONDAyCan a hot/warm shower NOT bath help start labor!?
My friend is a nurse, she used to be an OB nurse. She told me that back when she worked in the OB the way she used to progress labor with the women was to walk and take a hot shower, like as hot as you can stand it. Obviously dont burn yourself but you want to make sure the water is warm enough that the muscles will loosen up and let the baby move down some. She told me it was safe and wouldnt hurt the baby. Im sure that if the baby wasnt ready to come just a shower would not make him or her come out. But it could help with loosening muscles and all that which will lead to more dilation. So go for it,you never know!Can a hot/warm shower NOT bath help start labor!?
im not so sure about a hot shower...but it might possibly help ease some of the pains and relax you.





my sister-in-law went into labor with her first while taking a warm bath.
sex, sex and more sex will work

No comments:

Post a Comment