Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What age should a child stop taking a bath and start tking a shower?

My older boys started with showers when they were about 7 and my middle son was 5 and also took them. My youngest started at age 5. I think it depends on the kid and what they are comfortable with and how mature they are. If they are capable of washing themselves and their hair and all then a shower is fine. I didn't start allowing my boys to turn the shower on for themselves until they were about 10 though and really knew how to adjust the temp.What age should a child stop taking a bath and start tking a shower?
Until I was in high school, I always took baths, but I eventually started using the shower. Now I greatly prefer showering. It's all about preference, really.What age should a child stop taking a bath and start tking a shower?
i agree they can take baths as long as they want ... and i also think they can take showers as early as they want after they can stand securely and be trusted not to play with the temp controls (so they don't get scalded). as long as there's a non-slip surface and an adult or older child is controlling the temperature, there's no reason why a 3- or 4-year-old can't take a shower with supervision (as is also needed for a bath at that age). my 6-year-old showers on his own after i start the water for him (he knows if the water temp changes he shouldn't try to adjust it but should just step quickly out of the shower and ask me for help). most days my 4-, 6-, and 8-year-olds shower (the 4-year-old with help) and my 2-year-old takes a bath. but the older kids still like a bath occasionally, too.
i started at 9 but i still take baths everyonce in a while
At no age......





A shower is a quick way to get clean. Its probably less effective then a bath, but many adults feel they don't have the time to properly bathe so they jump in the shower, lather, rinse, and head off to work.





Let the kid take a bath, the world will smell that much better!
My daughter will be 5 in March. For the last 6 mnths she has been requesting taking showers now that she's a ';big girl';. I help her, but no more baths.
I stated taking baths at 7 and i was perfectly fine. i still take baths once a week or when i am sick.





if you are afraid your child will fall in the shower put some flor grippers in the bathroom so they will not fall.





Right now i am 11
Well they should start taking less baths and more showers once they are 9 or 10. I'm 48 and still take baths, but I take more showers.
Some children do not like the water on their head that happens in the shower, so they prefer baths. I do not think there is an age, just when the child feels comfortable. I prefer my girls 11, 8 and 4 to take baths because they always get water all over the floor when they shower.
i stoped taking baths at 6 or 7 but it was for a really lame reason i was afraid of the big closet behind the bath tub im still scared to this day
I think it's fine to take a bath at any age.


Just let him/her decide?
I give my son a shower he is 15 months he loves the water over his head... just depends on the kid...
7 is when i started but baths are okay when they are sick or need to relax
I didn't switch to showers until I was around 10..just never saw the point. And my mom still only takes baths . So I don't think there's a certain age. I guess whenever they show interest and they're old enough to be in the bathtub without being supervised.
I did it as soon as i knew how to work and could reach the shower faucet. I knew I had the option of being '; a big girl'; taking a shower, or doing the normal with a bath.
shower no good
I think when their old enough to take a bath without supervision, they are old enough to take a shower. I think I started taking a shower when I was about 7, but just because showers are quicker than baths, and I wanted to get out of the bathroom and keep playing with my toys! When I switched to showers, I even had my mom come in and wash my hair ( I wasn't very good at it yet ) So that's an option too. I say just let them be independent if they want to. You can always help out if they want. I also think its ultimately up to the child, if he/she like to take baths, there's no reason why they should switch to a shower!
You mean I can't take baths any longer? Oh my.
last time i checked there was no age requirement to stop taking baths....adults take baths....if your that worried about it go to a hardware store or home improvement store and buy that attachment thing for your shower that you can hold and spray so your child is not afraid at first...but bubble baths rock...
7
Even adults take baths. It's purely a matter of personal preference. If they want to switch over, they can, but there's no reason they should.
I don't think you should stop if you take baths. There is nothing wrong if you take showers or baths!
i have never gotten baths..not that i know of...but i started showering myself when i was 4...so yea
My daughter is 4 and was scared to take showers until I found this at Home Depot for around $20. I can bring it down to her level, with a softer stream of water and I can unsuction it when I need help her rinse her hair. I love it!





I don't think that kids should stop taking baths. For preschool-aged kids, water play is great for sensory integration and numerous other developmentally appropriate experiences.... But you may need to limit baths depending on the time you have. Showers can cut the time in half.
When they want to. I know some adults who never shower, only bathe.
Anyone can take a bath. But I wouldn't let anyone younger than 10 take a shower, they could slip and fall. I started showering at 8 and I fell within a week. I slipped and fell and on the way down I hit my head on the bath faucet and shattered the ceramic soapdish in my side. I had a massive concussion and needed 43 stitches in my side (from where the glass punctured). My sister started at about 10 and she was fine.
You can always take a bath, but I started showering a lot when I was around 13 years of age. You start sweating (and all that other puberty stuff), so the shower is the quick and easy way to get clean.
  • lips
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment