Saturday, August 7, 2010

How many liters of water do you use in a shower or a bath a day?

According to GOOD.com, it said that the average shower uses 3.8 gallons of water every minute. So in a ten minute shower, you would use 38 gallons of water.How many liters of water do you use in a shower or a bath a day?
I try to conserve.... i do like a good shower , and i feel girls can use more because of having to wash all that hair , and the products we use off !





But it evens out because i find men are hogs in the shower, and with my two sons .... i have to constantly remind them to use less water and be a little quicker in the bathroom.





Basically we should all be more aware and respectful of water.How many liters of water do you use in a shower or a bath a day?
well it depends how long you stay under the shower for really, And also how much water you fill your bath up with.


I use probably only about 10 liters of water for my quick 5/10min shower i have a small boiler for just myself and it's enough for me.
UNLESS you have a low flow shower head on your shower a typical 5 minute shower uses 7.95 (at 1.59 gallons per minute) while a bath uses 70 gallons of water.
About 200 litres of water for the whole family per day. We live in Australia where there is a major drought so conserving water is second nature to us.
I'm an American, so I use gallons of water. Many, many gallons. I shower for like 30-40 mins. It's great!
Since there's no meter on my shower I use as much as I need to take my shower.
i take a 20 min shower

No comments:

Post a Comment